Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm saving the world!

Or at least doing my part :) My mom decided that my "waste" would be well suited for composting. So she convinced dad to put together a make-shift compost bin using some old wire fencing and rebar. She's already added the old tomato plant that was done for the season, the dirt from it's pot, chocolate mint branches (yum!!!), red bell pepper, eggshells and topped it with the litter from my box.

I don't know what she's going to do with the compost when it's done, but I heard something about spreading it on the horse pasture. Yes, mom has two horses too :) I'm hoping, hoping, hopping to hope that she convinces dad to build some raised garden beds this year and grows some lettuce for me and carrots for the horses. I think we deserve it! Don't you?

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, definitely need that garden! My bunny always loved parsley I grew for her and let her nibble right in the ground. :)

    ReplyDelete