Thursday, October 14, 2010

About Rex Rabbits

So what am I? I am a Rex Rabbit. My color is "Castor". Castor is kind of like blue/gray underneath and brown on top. This pic is not me, but a great pic of what my color looks like from top to skin.


Rex rabbits originated in France in 1919. We are known for our super soft, plush coats. Have you heard of the "Velveteen Rabbit" story by Beatrix Potter? One of our nicknames is the "Original Velveteen Rabbit" for good reason! When visitors come to our house, one of the their favorite things to do is come see me and pet my soft coat. I'm usually tolerant of this because I love attention.

Rexes are one of the most popular breeds of rabbit. We're fairly hardy with few health issues. We're mostly laid back with great temperaments.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is very cool that you are a rex bunny, because I am a rex kitty!

    ReplyDelete